Well, I’ve failed to install .NET Framework 2.0/3.5 in Windows 8 using Program and Features in Control Panel, which I need for an older project I’ve done long ago. But I came across an easy solution which did the trick.
In Windows Command Prompt (cmd.exe) or Run dialog, enter the following command and hit Enter:
> Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source❌\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
Replace x: with path of your Windows 8 installation DVD.
- Note: You have to run cmd.exe as Administrator in order for this to work!
- A quick workaround for Unreal Engine Modeling Tools Editor Mode plugin not showing up on Linux and macOS
- Host Unreal Engine 4 projects on Microsoft Azure DevOPS with unlimited cost-free Git LFS quota
- Gregorian / Jalali (a.k.a. Persian Calendar) Date Conversion in C++ using boost::locale
- Android: Install ADB drivers for any device without OEM drivers